Room Hire at Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre
Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre has rooms available for individuals, groups and businesses to hire. Our facilities really are something different – escape to the countryside to get more out of your meetings, hold your club gathering here and get the benefit of the cafe and meadows instead of just a room. Our modern, light and airy rooms can be complemented by tasty refreshments from the cafe. We can also organise team away days and corporate volunteering events with meeting facilities in the morning and activities in the afternoon session.
- The Education room can accommodate 22 people board room style or 30 theatre style.
- The Craft Room can accommodate 12 people board room or 23 people café style.
- The Café/Gallery are also available by special arrangement and can accommodate a total of 70 people cafe style. (Evenings only)
- If you wanted to make use of the meadows with marquees for an event this is also possible.
Room Hire charges
- £13 an hour
- we offer discounts for charities and not for profit organisations - please enquire
Our award-winning café creates all their dishes from scratch using local produce. Vegetarian options are included as standard on both buffet options and other dietary requirements can be catered for on request.
- DIY Tea and coffee – ½ day meeting £1.25 per head (Includes boiler of hot water, coffee, decaf coffee, selection of teas)
- Tea & coffee ½ day meeting £2.00 per head (Includes 1 thermos pot of filter coffee, selection of teas & decaf coffee)
- Tea, coffee full day meeting £3.25 per head (Includes 1 thermos pot of filter coffee (refilled for second half of the day), selection of teas & decaf coffee)
- Biscuit Selection: Homemade shortbread and flapjack 75p per head / service
- Buffet Lunch £6.50 per head
A selection of sandwiches made with homemade fillings, mini sausage rolls, homemade quiche made with local cheese, a selection of homemade cakes, orange juice, tea and coffee.
- Buffet Lunch with extras £7.50 per head
A selection of sandwiches made with homemade fillings, mini sausage rolls, homemade quiche made with local cheese, crisps, homemade coleslaw, salad, a selection of homemade cakes, orange juice, tea and coffee.
The following equipment is available at no extra cost when a room is hired subject to availability, but must be requested at time of booking: Digital Projector, Projector screen, Flipchart and WiFi.
Team Building/Away Days
We offer various Team Building packages for corporate clients to support your business goals as well as Away Days with various meeting room/catering/activity packages that can be tailored to suit your needs.
We can offer rooms and catering for your evening event, would you like to use our venue for talks, debates, business network events? If so, give us a call
Hiring a Room
Please talk to us about your requirements and your budget, we are always willing to work around a specific budget where possible, so please call us on 01588 676060 or pop in to the Discovery Centre