Birthday Parties at Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre
Children’s Birthday Parties these days are more than just sandwiches, juice and cake. Sometimes you want to do something different so think Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre...
One of our dedicated team will run a led session with the children for 1 – 1.5 hours. Choose one of our activities:
Activities suitable for all ages
- Pond Dipping – you never know what you’ll find in your net! (spring/summer only)
- Purple prickles and Poisonous Warts – act out a well loved story with nut and spoon races, hunt the owl, make a mask, pin the tail on the fox and play ‘Snakes and Ladders’
- The Three Pigs – see if you can build a house of sticks that can stand up to huffing and puffing and then enjoy a toasted marshmallow. A ratio of one adult to two children is essential for this activity.
- Men of Sticks and Lady Loves – hear a well loved story, go outside, find just the right sticks and make a stick man or stick lady love to have adventures and take home with you.
- Biscuit Baking Bounty – Choose from many shapes while making biscuits and then after they cool, decorate them.
Activities suitable for 6 to 11 year olds
- Mega Mammoth – find out about the Shropshire Mammoths, learn about fossils and then make one to take home
- The Slime Workshop – discover why slime is so important in nature and make some to take home
- Dragon Detectives – experiment with dragon’s blood and learn how to identify a dragon from its droppings and scales.
- Hogweed’s School of Magic – an invitation for young witches and wizards to brush up on their herbology, communication, potion and spell making skills.
- Fairy Cake or Pizza Making – Choose to make fairy cakes of different flavours and colours or individual pizzas with your choice of toppings
The package also includes entrance to the Secret Hills Exhibition. While following Tusker’s Timeline Trail children can learn how to be landscape detectives during the visit, answering quiz questions as they go. We advise a minimum of three adults to accompany the children through the Secret Hills exhibition. This will help them to get the most from their visit.
Some time during the visit the children can enjoy a birthday tea which includes egg, cheese, tuna and ham sandwiches, sausage rolls, crisps, flapjack or shortbread and squash all provided by our fantastic catering team in a private room – another thing you won’t have to worry about.
In fact all you need to do is send out the invitations and bring the cake!
And the final fantastic thing about our birthday party package is that it’s great value for money. Prices start from £95.00 for up to 8 children plus up to 4 free adults, £6.00 per additional child up to a maximum of 15 children. Younger siblings who are not taking part in the activity are welcome to attend free of charge.
Please contact us for more information or to make a booking