Onny Meadows Country Park
30 acre meadows beside the River Onny at Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre
These riverside water meadows lie behind Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre. The Meadow’s surfaced paths provide access to the fields and pools via a wheelchair accessible viewing platform. In spring and summer the pools are alive with wildlife. Other unsurfaced paths range further and explore the banks of the River Onny.
Download our Onny Meadows Map (PDF) - hard copies also available in the Centre when you get here.
The hard-packed, generally level, surfaced paths provide a half-mile (700m) circuit. In very wet weather the paths can be boggy in places but are generally very good. The circuit includes access to a pond viewing platform. Mown paths along the river bank are best tackled in summer when dry. There are some gates. Bench seating is located in attractive settings.
The Discovery Centre provides parking, a shop, toilets and a gallery café. It has an exhibition called ‘Secret Hills,’ and provides free wifi access.
- Visitor Centre and car park open daily from 10am – 5.00pm
- Free car parking for 30+ vehicles on concrete and concrete grid surface
- Suitable for mobility scooters
- Gated access points at key places
- Bench seating available at main viewpoints
- Well controlled dogs are welcome in the meadows (dog bins provided), assistance dogs and guide dogs only allowed inside the Centre
- Nearest toilets – Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre and Shrewsbury Road opposite Harry Tuffins
- 200 metre inclusive cycle path with regular organised sessions using adaptive cycles for visitors of all abilities
Onny Meadows lie behind the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre just off the A49 on the southern outskirts of Craven Arms. Click here for how to find us
Grid reference SO 435 825
SAT NAV via post code SY7 9RS